[Linux-bruxelles] Fat32 : problèmes ? ("c'est grave, docteur ?")

Frederic Peters fpeters at entrouvert.be
Jeu 20 Nov 19:10:16 CET 2003

> Oui, je disais donc que j'ai découvert quelque chose...,
> qu'apparemment, les Fat32 seraient limitées à plus ou moins 50Mo...
> "Peut-on" me confirmer cela ?.. (ici ^_^)

Quelle version de Windows ?

  http://linux.org.mt/article/filesystems#N10059

  FAT16 was the standard partition type up to Windows 95, and FAT32 partitions
  are the standard with Windows 98. FAT16 partitions are supported by all
  versions of Windows, while FAT32 is supported by Windows95 second edition
  onwards, and Windows 2000 onwards (but is not supported in Windows NT). Linux
  supports both reading from, and writing to FAT16 and FAT32 partitions. Their
  main use in a Linux context is to share files between Linux and Windows on a
  dual-boot system. However note that these filesystems are unable to hold
  information such as file owners and permissions. FAT16 partitions are limited
  to a maximum of 2Gb. Although the theoretical maximum size for FAT32 is 8 TB,
  Windows98's scandisk only supports 128Gb, and Windows2000 does not permit the
  creation of FAT32 disks larger than 32Gb.

> C'est "GNU/Linux"(le support Fat32, "toujour en alpha" :d..)
> qui a fait ça ?..

NTFS en écriture peut être considéré comme alpha (quoique même plus);
le vfat, je me demande où tu as pu lire ça

        Frédéric