[Linux-bruxelles] question cd-rw et cdrdao

Osvaldo La Rosa info at brlspeak.net
Mer 16 Avr 14:36:04 CEST 2003

Hi Carlos,
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 12:38:33PM +0200, Carlos Betancourt wrote:
> If, _if_, you want to have a SVCD (mpeg 2) or a VCD (mpeg 1) disc
> playable on your DVD standalone device, you should use cdrdao.

I wasn't abel to find it using aptitude (I'm a Debian Woody user).
I will get the source somewhere on the net.

> The (S)VCD
> has a particular format, it's not an ISO9660 filesystem, and the .bin
> image file created by vcdtools have this format within. The .cue file is
> a control file, and cdrdao uses it as input to create a proper (S)VCD.
To fit the converted avi on 1 CD, i converted it with ripmake but on a
low rate; current file is +500 mb, while it was 733 mb; audio is intact,
I will not be able to tell what's the viceo quality, but some sighted
peerson will tell it me as soon as i can burn this on cdrw.

> cdrecord has certainly a 'dao' (Disk At Once) mode, but it won't burn a
> proper (S)VCD disc, AFAIK.
Ah!

> Happy cd-writing!
Thanx very much for your accurate info; it requires lots of things to
install and to do but until know it had worked, but I was each time
missing something :-) a good way to learn!

Merci.

Aldo.