[Linux-bruxelles] Architecture

sf16350 sf16350 at chello.be
Mer 1 Oct 02:18:57 CEST 2008

>>> http://www.archilinux.org/archi-cao/archi-cao.html#archi
>>> http://www.archilinux.org/
>>>
>> Merci pour ton aide, Eric.  L'offre est grande, effectivement, comme
>> d'habitude.
>>
> J'ai également exploré les différents programmes dont il est question
> ds. les liens cités.
> Perso, j'utilise QCAD. C'est du 2d mais j'ai fait du dessin
> "scientifique" en humanité et ça m'a bien aidé.
> De tous ceux que j'ai testé (à peu près tous!), c'est le programme qui
> réalise le meilleur compromis (pour un non architecte comme moi)
> fonctionnalités/ergonomie
>

>> ps: au hasard de mes recherches, petit coup de coeur pour ce blog:
>> http://tuxicoman.blogspot.com/search/label/Architecture dont le moto
>> est "La route est longue mais la voie est libre.";  tout un programme :)

Pour les pro qui veulent du CAD state-of-the-art entièrement compatible
dwg je pense qu'actuellement la meilleure solution reste BRICSCAD, même
s'il est de moins en moins basé sur Intellicad (Hybrid /Open Source/
Software) il maintient son standard ouvert openDWG et s'efforce d'offrir
une version native Linux. De plus, d'un point de vue pragmatique, même
si ce n'est pas de l'open source, avec un prix de 395€ pour un soft
vraiment professionnel (pas un Qcad qui ressemble aux programmes des
années '90), la discussion devient très idéologique. Or, au contraire de
cette liste, les sociétés n'ont qu'à faire d'idéologie, ils veulent
surtout des programmes efficaces et compatibles.
Ca reste propriétaire et trop cher pour le particulier occasionnel mais
disons que si des applications sérieuses font le pas vers Linux c'est
une bonne chose, même si ce n'est pas de l'open source mais juste de
l'open standard (à l'inverse on pourrait faire la critique qu'offrir
toutes ces belles applications OpenOffice, Mozilla,.. sous Windows ne
favorisent pas nécessairement Linux.).

Je me permets de poster un extrait de forum ci-dessous.

bon dessin,
didier

-----------------------
<<2008-07-01 08:32
To all Linux enthusiasts.

First of all I refer to Hans' statement in his post of 2008-04-11 on
this forum. We are working on the LINUX version. Let me explain what's
going on.
Today we are working with well over 30 developers on Bricscad Windows
just to complete the full rewrite of Bricscad. (..)
We expect to terminate that in Q4. By then we have a fully new coded CAD
platform, including all the DWG development environments (LISP, COM,
SDS, BRX), 100% compatible. The goal is to offer a CAD platform where
application developers can offer their products as well. I guess
overtime you will want applications on LINUX too, right?
When we started the rewrite - now 4 years ago - it was the plan to
produce also a native LINUX version based on exactly the same source
code as the windows version. So we decided to choose one common
interface development environment that could provide us a GUI with one
source code for all platforms. We choose WX Widgets. (..) So are we
working on it: yes step by step there are huge development chunks that
serve Windows and LINUX.
While concentrating also on the development environments of our Bricscad
platform we found out that some parts of the MFC classes still will be
required in the windows version because they are used many times by
application developers. inevitably the consequence is that we will end
up with two code streams although the differences will be minor. We will
work on LINUX equivalents for application development and try to
convince application developers to also offer on both platforms although
it will require minor modifications to their code if they want both. We
expect some will do, some not.
Life would have been way more simple for us, by just using MFC classes
and produce only a windows version. But we didn't , and that huge
investment is your guarantee that we will release a native LINUX
version. So for once and for all, that LINUX product is in the making.
But please understand the scale of what we are doing. To do this right
we had to have a broader vision than just rewrite an other DWG product.
We are nearly there.
Timing: Q4 of this year we hope to complete the Bricscad Windows
rewrite. Immediately after that we can focus with a large number of
developers on completing the native LINUX version. I hope you understand
that - thanks to our decisions of 4 years ago - the absolute major part
of the code is existing. Still we expect some serious developments
required due to differences of the two OS's. Probably 8 to 10 months.
But it will be the priority then. Enabling a lot of applications to run
on Bricscad for LINUX is the next thing.
To be complete: will there be a Mac version? Maybe... It is our wish to
be multi platform. But LINUX first.
(..) We do believe in interoperability, openness, fair pricing,
excellent support, a good relation with our customers and all the
wonderful people we have in this company. We don't believe in false
promises.

Thanks
erik de keyser
CEO Bricsys>>

et aussi:
<<2008-09-12 Is Bricscad moving away from IntelliCAD?? Yes,... and we
are in the final stage.
Here at Bricsys we are convinced that with V9 we have a hell of a
product now. The GUI is based on (WX Widgets Open Source) instead of Mfc
classes so the road to LINUX is now open too.