[Linux-bruxelles] Re: Campagne logiciel libre dans l'education

Pettiaux Nicolas nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Mer 19 Juin 11:24:42 CEST 2002

Le Mardi 18 Juin 2002 22:07, Herman Bruyninckx a écrit :

> > The people from Agoria are acting in the Region of Brussels AGAINST the
> > law proposal to use free software in the administration. Under their
> > auspices,  6 large companies (M$, Telindus, Oracle, Compaq, and 2 others)
> >  have written a common to the president of the parliament and many
> > ministers to vote AGAINST.
>
> This is very bad news... Is there public information about this fact
> available somewhere?

Not that I know of. I have received a copy of the letter that I'll make
public.

> > So having a good hear from inside Agoria is very important.
>
> I'm sure these technical people have _nothing_ to decide when it comes
> to make political statements for their company or organisation...

Probably not, but they can _act_ by creating a small framework, even
informal, supporting companies that sells services around OSS/FS and show
that this makes economical sense, and build a reflexion around that inside
agoria based on facts.

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Pettiaux
Association électronique libre pour la défense des droits de l'homme dans la