[Linux-bruxelles] Re: Campagne logiciel libre dans l'education

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Mar 18 Juin 22:07:35 CEST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Pettiaux Nicolas wrote:

[...]
> The people from Agoria are acting in the Region of Brussels AGAINST the law
> proposal to use free software in the administration. Under their auspices,  6
> large companies (M$, Telindus, Oracle, Compaq, and 2 others)  have written a
> common to the president of the parliament and many ministers to vote AGAINST.

This is very bad news... Is there public information about this fact
available somewhere?

> So having a good hear from inside Agoria is very important.

I'm sure these technical people have _nothing_ to decide when it comes
to make political statements for their company or organisation...

> Do you see, Herman, another  way we could, gently, support that person or
> lobby with him ?

Not really: I can just keep him informed; he's not in a situation to
change the manegement strategy.

Herman

--
K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc>  +32 16 322480