[Linux-bruxelles] installation de linux mint à côté de Windows 10

Patrice Martin linuxhelpme at gmail.com
Dim 26 Nov 22:37:21 CET 2017

Très chères, très chers,

J'ai installé linux mint sur mon ordinateur équipé de windows 10.

 ... j'espère bientôt sur votre ordinateur.

Patrice Martin

installation of linux mint 18.2 (or 3) on a Windows 10 computer

computer Medion

intel i3 7th generation

ram 8 gig upgraded to 16 gig

one SSD 256 Samsung and one hdd 1 tera Toshiba

First under windows 10 go in explorer en on « this computer » select
“gestion” / manage

end you see all the drives as mentioned by windows C : D : …

Check all the part used by Windows 10 …

on my computer I found the following parts …

part 0 100 megas

part 1 131 GIGas

part 2 910 Megas

part 3 001 Giga

I shrink the part of 211 GIGas and could gain about more than 80 GIGas rest
131 GIGas for Windows

later I divide this « gained » part in 3 parts :

about 20 à 30 Gig for the root /

about 50 for the /home

and 16 GIG for the swap.

By pushing F2 I entered the « BIOS » and had to change the secure boot …
and tried to change the booting order to install the linux mint from a DVD
or an USB key.

Strange in the boot order I don’t find an entry for usb … DV well and
drives …

I tried to start the installation of the linux with a DVD … but th system
tells me no drive with boot disk … the DVD don’t start and the installation
don’t start.

Desperate, I tried with an USB key with a linuxmint ISO … and strange … the
computer starts on this USB key and I can install the linux mint. I divided
the « free space » (not allocated space) in 3 parts as mentioned above and
let install the linux mint.

Everything went ok and the system ask to restart and let me remove the USB
key from the computer.

Strange things … normally, at installation time, the linux « sees » another
operating system … and here it was not the case, linux proposed to use the
whole disk … I DID NOT CHOOSE THIS WRONG OPTION. I choose « something »
else and create partitions on the « free space ».

At the end linux asks where to put the « boot loader » (grub ..) and here
no question about that.

At restart, good news the linux is well installed and start immediately …
but where is my Windows 10 ?

During the copy party I did not find a solution. But I heard that after a
similar installation, in order to use Windows they had to enter the
« BIOS » and choose the system at start.

At home, I tried it by putting the windows boot manager above … and I could
start my Windows 10 again.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>