[Linux-bruxelles] something for you ?

Patrice Martin linuxhelpme at gmail.com
Sam 4 Fév 16:09:09 CET 2017

Dear,

Here under the description of a job  maybe interesting for you.

System Administrator – Global / Administrador de Sistemas – Global /
Administrateur du système – Global / مدير النظام المعلوماتي /
24 August 2016 | 12:47 pm
Tweet <https://www.accessnow.org/system-administrator-global/#> Share
<https://www.accessnow.org/system-administrator-global/#>

Access Now is a growing international human rights organization dedicated
to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the
world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and
transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, and operations teams have
staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa
(MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support
to our mission..

*About the Role*

We are looking for a System Administrator who is dedicated to our mission,
has demonstrated technical experience and possesses unshakable integrity.
They are reliable, confident and comfortable performing multifaceted
projects in conjunction with routine activities.

The System Administrator will be responsible for the technical operations
needs of Access Now’s staff and infrastructure which supports our
programmatic work. They will plan and deliver technical solutions as well
as communicate to staff with varied levels of technical expertise. Due to
the nature of Access Now’s work, the organization faces significant
potential threats, and therefore, the System Administrator will need to
ensure Access Now’s staff, infrastructure, and data is secure and available.

This position is housed within the Tech team and will report to the Chief
Technologist, but will liaise closely with members of the Operations team
in fulfilling duties.

*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*

   - Build and maintain the organization’s tech infrastructure, including
   critical systems with high availability needs;
   - Support the technical and digital security needs of our global team;
   - Oversee user administration and technical onboarding and offboarding
   of staff and interns;
   - Contribute to the development of internal security policies,
   procedures, and controls;
   - Coordinate with regional operations managers to interact with local
   technology vendors across the organization’s global locations where
   appropriate;

*Knowledge, Education and Experience*

   - Work experience in a similar or related role supporting the tech needs
   of a global organization of 30+ people preferred;
   - Strong ability to plan and follow through with projects in an
   organized and efficient manner;
   - Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple
   responsibilities and manage priorities;
   - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
   - Experience with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems for users;
   - Experience with Debian Linux server administration;
   - Experience with Apache, nginx, firewalls, intrusion detection systems,
   Nagios, Git, Xen, KVM, LXC virtualization system preferred;
   - Excellent ability to automate tasks and implement tools in a scripting
   language;
   - Experience in operational security planning and information security
   policies;
   - Experience with collaborative and project management software;
   - Experience with administration of Request Tracker (RT), including
   coding in Perl preferred.

*Location*

*This is a full time position and we’re accepting applications from
anywhere in the world, with a preference to locations with existing Access
Now offices.*

*Salary and Benefits*

Competitive salary commensurate with experience.

We offer benefits to help our employees embrace new challenges and allow
them to advance their career, this includes technical training, language
training, health benefits, travel, and access to our global network of
knowledge and expertise!

*To Apply*

Please send an email to jobs at accessnow.org with the following documents
attached:

   - Résumé/CV
   - Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary
   expectations
   - The names and contact details of two references (only one may be
   academic)

Women and LGBTQI individuals are encouraged to apply for this important
position at Access Now.

Please remember to reference your email application with the subject line:
““System Administrator –  [Your Name]” as the subject line.

*Deadline*

The target start date is March 2017.

Publish date January 19th 2017.

*__*

*Access Now is an international human rights organization committed to
diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage
diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other legally protected status.*

*This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment,
including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for
benefits, and termination.*