[Linux-bruxelles] Smartphones opensource

Pierre Poissinger pierre.poissinger at gmail.com
Mar 25 Aou 00:27:10 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Ramon Suarez <123rsv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an HTC Magic bought in Belgium, and it is not something I can
> recommend. It can not be considered an open phone as it is very restricted
> in what you can install or not and you are in the hands of Proximus to
> update the ROM and OS (if they ever do so)

I do think there are multiple way to 'update' the ROM - looks like proximus
hw are same as Rodger branded one (32a - so it means hackable) - found at
least one by a belgian guy:
http://gyd.be/blog/2009/08/19/installer-le-firmware-gyd-sur-votre-htc-magic/-
his rom are based on proximus ones.

But more generic how-to:
http://theunlockr.com/2009/07/08/how-to-root-your-htc-magic/ should work as
well...

Btw - I don't have any gphone, so it's pure google-ing - If you brick it,
you brick it ;-)

Pierre,
--
>>> horsemen = ['war', 'pestilence', 'famine']
>>> horsemen.append('Powerbuilder')