[Linux-bruxelles] informations sur les licences

Luc Viatour l.viatour at mm.be
Jeu 6 Sep 08:08:32 CEST 2007

Voilà, j'ai une demande pour une de mes images pour un développement
logiciel.

Mes images sont en licences:
Licence de documentation libre GNU, version 1.2 ou plus récente
aussi en Creative Commons  versions 2.5, 2.0, and 1.0
C'est au choix ;)

Mais voilà quelqu'un me pose des questions en anglais (je comprend pas
toutes les finesses) sur les obligations qu'il va avoir si il utilise
mes images.

Voici sa question:
Luc, I am interested in using your solar eclipse image
Solar_eclips_1999_4.jpg that I found on Wikipedia in an application I am
developing for some contract manufacturing sites that do business with
IBM. I work as a consultant to IBM and have developed a Linux-based
electronic circuit card and system tester called eCLipz, which has both
a splash screen and a main title image that incorporate an eclipse
image. I have been using one I found on the web in the public domain,
but my engineer customers say it's really crummy looking, so when I came
across yours, I hoped I could use it. But I'm confused about the wording
on Wikipedia as far as copyrights (copylefts?) and licensing go. Can I
freely use your image (e.g., is it as if it were in the public domain),
as long as I cite you as the author?  Do I need to add the complete text
of the GNU Free Documentation License (which I hesitate to do, since it
could lead to legal problems if someone interprets it to refer to the
whole application and not just the eclipse image)? Can you help me out
with this, please? I can send you an image of the splash/title screen if
I had your e-mail address. I'm sending this from Wikipedia's website,
and I don't think I can add an attachment.

Je ne sais pas quoi lui répondre ni quoi lui conseiller comme licence.
Vous avez une idée?

Ou peut-être que je dois l'envoyer promener car il ne fait pas de
logiciel libre? Mais c'est pas gentil ;)

Votre avis?

--
Luc Viatour   - IT-Manager - Dupedi S.A.
rue de Stalle - 70-82 - 1180 Bruxelles

Site perso: http://www.lucnix.be