[Linux-bruxelles] conférence par avec R Stallman, président de la FSF à ULB ce dimanche 1/4/2007 à 17h

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Lun 26 Mar 13:48:59 CEST 2007

"Benjamin Henrion" <bhenrion at ffii.org> writes:
> I cannot be present because I will still be in Berlin, so I prefer to
> do not involve FFII in the organisation.

ok.

> Try to ask EFF if they want to speak.

Good idea, but I will still look for someone who can talk about what is
happening specifically in Belgium.

@Nicolas: Is there someone else from AEL who would like to speak for 5
minutes about what is happening in Belgium?  (English or French)

I will add the information here:
http://fsfe.org/en/events/gplv3_improving_a_great_licence

> On 3/26/07, Nicolas Pettiaux <nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be> wrote:
> > Je propose que le Bxlug, Copyleft-ULB et FFII soient aussi coorganisateurs.

If Bxlug and Copleft-ULB would like to co-organise, that would be good.

> > * rédaction d'invitation notamment pour la presse (je dispose de
> > beaucoup d'adresses de journalistes que nous pouvons contacter et
> > inviter)
> > * video-projection (est-ce que le projecteur du Bxlug serait disponible ?)

I have a friend, Sean Daly, who will record the audio and video of the
event.  He has most of the necessary equipment but he does not have a power
amp or speakers.

> >  la Fondation pour le logiciel
> >  libre - Europe (http://fsfe.org, versant européen de la FSF)

"soeur officielle" is more accurate than "versant".

(We are officially linked, but our finances and personnel are separate.)

> >  Monsieur Stallman parlera principalement de la rédaction de la
> >  nouvelle version de la licence GPL (GPLv3) en gestation depuis plus
> >  d'un an.

He will also give an introduction to free software.

> La licence GPLv2 est la principale licence de logiciel libre,

Journalists like numbers.  You could say that the GPL is used for 70% of
free software.

> >  Les autres sujets qui seront peut-êre évoqués sont les nouvelles
> >  directives européennes en travail comme IPRED2 ou en cours de
> >  transcription dans le législation nationale comme EUCD.

Richard won't talk about these things.  I will mention IPRED2, but only
briefly.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by