[Linux-bruxelles] [HS] Final farewell drink: KultuurCaffee VUB Wednesday 7th June 19:30 onwards

Miguel Telleria de Esteban miguel at mtelleria.com
Ven 2 Juin 16:36:32 CEST 2006

[Please confirm if possible if you plan or not to come]

                                Rêver un impossible rêve
                                Porter le chagrin des départs
                                Brûler d'une possible fièvre
                                Partir où personne ne part

                                Aimer jusqu'à la déchirure
                                Aimer, même trop, même mal,
                                Tenter, sans force et sans armure,
                                D'atteindre l'inaccessible étoile

                                JACQUES BREL, "La quête"[1][2][3][4]

Dear all,

As I am turning the page in my "quest for the unreachable star :) " I
would be very honored if you could join me in a last drink together.
There will be people from different groups where I have been involved in
these last years.

        When:  Wednesday the 7th of June from 19:30 onwards
        Where: Kultuurkaffee in the VUB (on the side of Boulevard du
               Triomphe, after a red light zebra crossing next to
               Colruyt)

Below you have some indications to arrive to the place and the links to
Jacques Brel song information.

Hope to see you as many as possible,

        Miguel

------------ Instructions to go to VUB/KultuurKaffee -------------------

How to get there by METRO
-------------------------
1.  Take the line 1A (probably direction Herman Debroux) and get out at
    station "Petillon" (note that line 1B does not go there).
2.  Follow the exit with VUB sign that goes to
    "Av des volontaires / vrijwilligerslaan"
3.  Go to your right and walk a few blocks (you should pass
    behind Etterbeek military arsenal).
4.  You will see a first pink building with VUB sign there.  It is just
    a copy store, go still further (you are almost in the campus but not
    there yet).
5.  You should arrive to the Bdv du Triomphe and cross it with the
    red light zebra crossing.
6.  Go to the leftmost part of the parking and you will see the
    Kultuurkaffee.

How to get there by CAR
-----------------------
The VUB together with the ULB-La Plaine campus form a "U" shape
surface perpendicular to Blvd General Jacques pointing towards
Namur exit.

1.  Take Bvld General Jacques and leave it following the Ring-E411-Namur
    indications.  You are now in one of the U sides either Bd de la
    Plaine on "Bois de la Cambre side" or Bd de Triomphe on "Montgomery
    side".

2.  Enter in any entry of the VUB.  Subterranean parkings are
    interconnected and the campus is not that big anyway.  I cannot help
    you more since I used any of those parkings myself.

3.  The Kultuur Caffee is on the Blvd de Triomphe side after the red
    light zebra crossing next to the Colryiut supermarket.

How to get there by Tram 23-90 (from Montgomery or Bois de la Cambre)
1.  The VUB is easily spotted as a small green wood area between the
    Etterbeek arsenal and the Blvd de Triomphe/Av de la Couronne
    crossing.

2.  You will have to walk from General Jacques to the middle of the U on
    Blvd de Triomphe side.

How to get there with SNCB Line 26 (future RER in Brussels)
A.  If the train stops in Delta, take the metro 1A direction center (Roi
    Baudoin), get off at Petillon and follow the metro indications.

B.  If the train stops at Etterbeek station get out there and you will
    be at General Jacques next to the VUB on the opossite corner of the
    KultuurKaffee.  You are in the same case as with the Trams.

--- Links for the song ---

[1]  Complete lyrics in French:
     http://www.paroles.net/chansons/20938.htm

[2]  Note about lyrics' copyright
     http://www.paroles.net/page.php?droits

[3]  Translation for non-French speakers (aided by Babel fish)

                    To dream an impossible dream
                    To bear the sorrow of the departures
                    To burn of a possible fever
                    To depart towards where nobody goes

                    To love until tearing apart
                    To love even too much, even [with] pain
                    To attempt, without force and armour,
                    to reach the inaccessible star

                    Jacques Brel, "The Quest"

[4]  Original song of "Man of La Mancha" musical that Jacques Brel
     adapted.
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/manoflamanchadonquixote/finaletheimpossibledream.htm

--

|     (O-O)
 Miguel TELLERIA DE ESTEBAN               Personal Homepage:
 Email: Miguel at mtelleria.com           http://www.mtelleria.com

 Miembro de http://www.linuca.org         Tel home: +32 2 280 1614
 Membre de  http://www.bxlug.be           GSM:      +32 497 038804