[Linux-bruxelles] Sr linux s/w engineer - perm vacancy

Larissa Pearce Larissa.Pearce at gcsltd.com
Mer 7 Sep 18:29:20 CEST 2005

Hello there,

Here is a notification about a new vacancy on the job market:

The vacancy is permanent, location in Belgium, close by Dutch boarder.
My client:

A software-development company delivering software-solutions for internet
via satellite operators and system-integrators. Founded in October 2004 as a
result of a joint venture (strong back up from both parent companies).  At
present my client focuses its development on two products: a satellite
access-terminal (Arc) and Triple-A. The Arc is a Linux-based server
delivering local ISP-services to customers using an internet via satellite
connection and Triple-A is a web-based application supporting the main
administrative processes of a satellite ISP.

The duties and responsibilities:

The Sr Software Engineer will be part of the Engineering team using Linux,
Postfix, Apache, Squid, Mysql, PHP, and Perl for large Linux networks.  The
candidate should have a creative and open mindset to continuous changing
challenges. You will be doing feasibility studies and writing and owning the
implementation process.  Integrating (internet) services (i.e. email, virus
scanning, DNS, VPN etc) on Linux servers. The candidate must be  able to
lead a project from the concept phase to implementation and is aware of and
keeps timelines and budget.

1. Building RPM file from scratch (incl. pre and post problems).
2. Perl regular expressions used in scripts
3. Advanced TCP/IP knowledge w static routing (no routing protocols)
4. Bash scripting
5. Linux sys admin ( the role is about automating Linux system
administration, it will be useful to know the Linux sys admin in general to
be able to make those tasks automated).

Please let me know if you would be interested and available and if yes,
please send me your CV in Word format, so that we can discuss in more
details the CV and the role.  If you wouldn't be interested, may be you can
recommend anybody else instead?

Many thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Larissa Pearce
GCS Europe
Tel NL - 020 3012236
Tel UK - 0207 307 6363

mailto:larissa.pearce at gcsnl.com
www.gcsltd.com

GCS Computer Recruitment Services

Reading Office
Tel:  0118 956  3900                          Fax:  0118 959  4554

London Office
Tel:  0207 307 6363                           Fax:  0207 307 6370

The Best of Both Worlds - our website offers interactive facilities for
both clients and candidates. http://www.gcsltd.com

We do not intend to spam. Kindly accept our apologies if you have received
this email in error. Please respond to removal at gcsltd.com
If you have more than one identity, please inform us.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore GCS does not accept
legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of GCS.

GCS complies with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and
expects the recipient of this document/communication and any attachments
to do so in respect of the contents. GCS will not accept responsibility
for any failure by the recipient to comply with the requirements of the
Act in respect of any document/communications sent by GCS to the recipient.