[Linux-bruxelles] mouse MI-2100 question

Eric Freyens eric.freyens at gmail.com
Lun 21 Nov 12:18:40 CET 2005

Hello,
> Did you manage make work your optical ps2 mouse on linux?
> I saw the thread on a list and I have the same problem.
> Could you help me?
Yes, but we need for information :
Linux version :
XFree or Xorg :

If you have Linux 2.6 with XFree and Debian you must
select /dev/input/mice for your mouse.
You can use with Debian the configuration program as root:
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
or (if you use xorg)
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
And select the correct device for your mouse.
For the other option do not change nothing.
If you don't have a Debian, you can modifie the file
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

For the section about mouse you must have the same value:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Best regard

Eric Freyens