[Linux-bruxelles] gravure image iso

Xavier BAYET xbay0310 at tiscali.be
Lun 20 Sep 11:58:55 CEST 2004

Luc Viatour demandait:
> Le lun 20/09/2004 à 10:37, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> > Miguel Quaremme écrivait :
> >
> > > J'essaye de graver l'image iso de Ubuntu depuis mon portable en
> > > Debian/Sarge/à-jour.
> >
> > Noyau 2.6.8* ?   Repasser en 2.6.7.
>
> Le même problème pourrait expliquer que K3B ne fonctionne plus qu'en
> root sur toutes mes machines mises à jours?

Tu trouveras un semblant de réponse ici:
http://k3b.plainblack.com/index.pl/news2

extrait:
Do not use Kernel 2.6.8

A patch that was introduced into the kernel shortly before the 2.6.8 release
makes K3b and also the dvd+rw-tools unusable on Linux (unless run as root
but that is not recommended). The very important GET CONFIGURATION MMC command
is rejected by the kernel for reasons I cannot see and writing commands
like MODE SELECT also fail (K3b cannot detect CD writers without it) even
when the device is opened O_RDWR. Until this issue has been solved I strongly
recommend to stick to kernel version 2.6.7.

Update: The kernel guys are currently fixing the problem so the next kernel
release should work again. :)

Update 2: The problem is NOT fixed in 2.6.8.1

Update 3: Be aware that kernel 2.6.8 also contains the memory leak which
makes it impossible to write audio cds, even as root.

Voilà.

Xavier

--
If a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man.
Godfrey Quigley (Prison Chaplain) in "A Clockwork Orange"