[Linux-bruxelles] bxlug proposal

Jonas Geiregat yux at sdf-eu.org
Mar 26 Oct 16:41:39 CEST 2004

Xavier BAYET wrote:

>Jonas Geiregat wrote:
>

>>Hello,

>>I'm writting this mail in English because my French sucks.
>>

>Hopefuly for you, most of us understand english. :-)
>

>>I live in Brussel but my primair language is Dutch I'm not that good
>>with French,
>>I would like to see bxlug have a Dutch section too, would that be possible
>>?
>>

>Most of our membres are French speaking persons.
>Some (like me) are not confident (at all) with Dutch. Maybe even the majority
>of us.
>

>As you might have noticed, some pages of the site have been translated in
>English and/or Spanish. So, if you feel the force and courage to do it,
>you may ask a translator account for the web site. :-)

By this I'm asking for a translator account !

>Please note that the working language of the LUG is French but we can use
>other languages (within limits of our capabilities). :-)

I believe French and Dutch are 2 of Belgiums/Brussels main languages so
I think this LUG should also have a Dutch section for people like me !
Maybe I'm asking to much but a Dutch list would be nice to !

>There is another LUG in Brussel (a Dutch speaking one): BeLUGa. Their web
>site is: http://linux.rave.org . Their location is VUB, Build. F, room 218.
>I know nothing more about them. I found the information on http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/HOWTO/Belgian-HOWTO/lugs.html

It's not really a LUG imho, more a student working group for people
studying at the VUB. And I don't study there !