[Linux-bruxelles] Re: [Osdem] recording the session for later display

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at openbe.org
Jeu 16 Jan 21:06:51 CET 2003

Le Jeudi 16 Janvier 2003 20:35, rb at raphinou.com a écrit :
> In 2001, we had a team recording the talks, and though we had the
> promise to get the recordings, we never got anything.

That's a real pitty

> This should be avoided in the future. I find it a pitty that the FOSDEM
> organisation doesn't have recordings of the talks it hosted.

So do I

> So I hope
> these possible recordings will be organised in collaboration with the
> FOSDEM organisators,

I really wanted to do that in collaboration with the FOSDEM organisators,
otherwise I would not have done that openly on the fosdem mailling list as I
have.

I really appreciate the collaboration we can have on that topic.

> and that the FOSDEM asbl will get a copy of the
> recordings to put on the fosdem.org website.

I can give you answers for what depends on me.

I can tell you that you'll get the copy of the recordings, as soon as they
are available electronically. But this does not depends on myself only
because I will only have the recodings on tape, I and rely on some other
people to put that on disks. Once this is done, you give me the support and
I'll give you the recordings. In such a way, I give you the contents
(provided I got the consents from the speakers) but it does not cost me for
the support (I am ready to offer the time to duplicate)

I'll tell you asap if there are any costs that may occur, so that we can
decide together what to do.

As a sign of collaboration, I would like to get some help from your side, for
example in finding the people who will man the cameras and in providing
insurances for the cameras (I suppose you have a global insurance as an
organizer)

I would also like that you put clearly somewhere in the web site that AEL, in
collaboration with FOSDEM, will organize the recordings of the tracks; that
the coordination of such an activity will be done through email at
activists at ael.be and that we are looking for enough people to help with the
recording, to man the 4 cameras during the whole fosdem. I am willing to take
the personnal duty to organize that activity.

Could you also put me in the FIT mailing list to be more implied in the
organisation ?

Is that fine for you ?

> I would be really disappointed if people thought to do otherwise

I can understand that and I'll do my best not to disappoint anyone.

Regards,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Pettiaux
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.

Association électronique libre pour la promotion des
droits de l'Homme dans la Société de l'information (AEL) -
http://www.ael.be