[Linux-bruxelles] Re: [Osdem]Re: [Activists-ael] Re: rrecording the session for later display

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at openbe.org
Jeu 16 Jan 18:18:17 CET 2003

Le Jeudi 16 Janvier 2003 13:15, David GLAUDE Mailing a écrit :

> For the recording (I think it has been done it the past, maybe at first
> Fosdem @ Campus de la Plaine by professional comming from the Paris
> Linux expo and paid by sponsor)

YES
> it is not so easy.

TRUE.

I consider that it is better to have something not professionnal than nothing

> I think, even amateur filming/recording should be done from a fixed
> location.

I do share this idea

> This mean the filming guy should stay in the same room rather
> than folow a personal track and move from room to room.

I thnik so. THis is why I proposed to have 4 cameras, 1 camera per track

> Also the speaker should give the right to record/publish whatever he
> present.

true. Not difficult; Just ask them :-)

> I know a speaker that will only permit it in an open format
> accessible with Free Software and will want you to remove the 5 most
> funny minutes at the end of the speach.

I know him too.

> I also have a personal DV recorder and could try recording stuff too,

If you agree, this gives us already 2 /4

> but my plan is to move from one room to another room to see the most
> interesting (from my point of view) speaker.

Would you agree that someone alse take cares of it when you change room ? (we
could take appropriate insurances)

> Also the result will be
> more likely totally unprofessional.

> I also miss a Tri-Pod and a good
> mic.

I have both for you

> And once on a DV tape, I don't have a way to extract on a PC and
> translate into a web/free software friendly format.

That does not matter. I know someone who can help us sith that part.

Now the imortant one, as far as I consider, is to record and do this as well
as we can.

Regards,

Nicolas