[Linux-bruxelles] Non au brevetage des logiciels - No ePattents!

David GLAUDE Mailing dglaudemailing at gmx.net
Jeu 14 Nov 13:44:13 CET 2002

[About the 26 conference with RMS @ EP (RMS also @ Nova Theater on the 27)]

I will be there but I don't need to register. ;-)
This is because I work inside the European Parlement.
Registration is needed mostly to pass the security.

I was also there at the public hearing @EP on that topic
where eurolinux guy and other where there to present their argument.
I helped distribute documentation and greating peaple from other country
(DK & ES) comming to try to convince MEP (Member of the EP).
They were surprise that there were no more Belgian (me excepted) present
at this event. They traveled a long distance (+ hotel) where we are closer.

I guess the goal is to maximise the number of MEP and Assistant since
they need to be convinced and vote the issue. But external support might be
good too.
We can take the opportunity to informaly meet and organise (@ the bar or
else).

A personal note to Laurence Van de Walle, if I can be of any help for this
event
(placing poster at ULB/VUB, contacting other Linux User Group, ...) don't
hesitate to contact me (this email or the EP one).

David GLAUDE