[Linux-bruxelles] Re: Campagne logiciel libre dans l'education

Pettiaux Nicolas nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Mar 18 Juin 17:33:26 CEST 2002

Le Mardi 18 Juin 2002 16:55, Herman Bruyninckx a écrit :

> I have had some talks with people that work for Agoria (the Flemish
> organisation of companies in the engineering sector), and that
> organisation is planning to make a cell for software. And the one of
> the responsibles for this initiative is very open for free software. I
> hope this will work out in the next couple of months, but I am not too
> optimistic... Anyway, I will keep some `pressure'.

THis is very good to hear, but still we should find a way to keep the
pressure.

The people from Agoria are acting in the Region of Brussels AGAINST the law
proposal to use free software in the administration. Under their auspices,  6
large companies (M$, Telindus, Oracle, Compaq, and 2 others)  have written a
common to the president of the parliament and many ministers to vote AGAINST.

So having a good hear from inside Agoria is very important.

Do you see, Herman, another  way we could, gently, support that person or
lobby with him ?

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Pettiaux
Association électronique libre pour la défense des droits de l'homme dans la