[Linux-bruxelles] Re: [Activists-ael] Re: Campagne logiciel libre dans l'education

Alexandre Dulaunoy alexandre.dulaunoy at ael.be
Mar 18 Juin 17:25:40 CEST 2002

On 18 Jun 2002, Schneider Oliver wrote:

> I agree we have to coordinate our efforts to promote GNU/Linux towards
> decision-makers. Maybe we could use the summer months to have a meeting
> with Mind about this (open to anyone who wants). I particularly feel
> concerned about the situation in Flanders and their agreements with
> Microsoft.

	It could be better to talk about the agreements with software
company making proprietary software. There is also a lot of agreements
between companies doing proprietary software and not only Microsoft.

	I think (IMHO), we need to promote the ethical part of Free
Software and not the technical part. Because proprietary software can't
compete with the ethical part. On the technical side you can have
arguments from the both side.

	We need to use the ethical arguments :

	- Giving equal freedom and equity for the user. (user can be
association, company or whateveryouwant...)

	- Being independent

	- Socially more responsible

	- Promoting local activities and research/innovation

	We can have also an informal meeting at the Interlug/BBQ on
saturday ? What do you think about that ?

	adulau

--
Alexandre Dulaunoy		http://www.foo.be/
AD993-RIPE			http://www.ael.be/