[Linux-bruxelles] Re: Campagne logiciel libre dans l'education

Schneider Oliver oliver at arafox.com
Mar 18 Juin 15:15:57 CEST 2002

I wouldn't be to pessimistic.

As you know many schools are open to libre software and many ministries
are analysing the alternative.

On the level of "training", we 've seen major advances in the last
months. Many people will learn to use those applications in the official
training centers of the government.

In the last 6 months, the non-profit associations have really made huge
progress in the comprenhension of the libre software mouvement. (for
example via the "esnet" association, www.esnet.be, in which we are
deeply involved).

I agree we have to coordinate our efforts to promote GNU/Linux towards
decision-makers. Maybe we could use the summer months to have a meeting
with Mind about this (open to anyone who wants). I particularly feel
concerned about the situation in Flanders and their agreements with
Microsoft.

Are you OK with this idea?

Oliver Schneider
Arafox

--
Oliver Schneider

Arafox sc
Your GNU/Linux partner
Av. Léon Champagne, 2
1480 Tubize
GSM : +32 494 33 75 48
Visit us at http://www.arafox.com

PGP-fingerprint  1C3A 58BB 485F 32A9 FD42  12B8 45F5 2FCF 964D 08C3
My public key is available at : http://www.keyserver.net/en/
Key ID 964D08C3