[Linux-bruxelles] New specific mailing list (was: Belgium government wants MS for everyone)

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at openbe.org
Lun 14 Jan 10:52:38 CET 2002

As proposed on the FOSDEM mailing list that is supposedly dedicated to the
organization of FOSDEM, a specific mailing list has been created by
Alexandre Dulaunoy <alexandre.dulaunoy at ael.be>.

The goal of the project that will be discussed on this list is to support
Minister Onkelinkx's plan to connect and educate as many people as possible
about the "information society" (and many related goals).

You can find it at

Please do no hesitate to subscribe and go on with the discussion there.

We will for example stress the point that this project has to

* be build in a way that fully respects the open standards paradigm that
made the success of  Internet,

* respect the public procurement directives as well as a fair competition,

* leave an open choice to the users,

* use the available money, especially if it is public money, and other
resources to develop local employment (instead of throwing it to the other
side of the ocean for example)

* go along the lines of the values that the free software and the party of
Mrs Onkelinkx have in common (I bet and suppose there is a common interest)

All comments and suggestions are as always welcome.

Alexandre also created a public book to discuss the point and build the
project

http://www.ael.be/module.php?mod=book

Please contribute.

Best regards,