[Linux-bruxelles] [Fwd: [belgian-lugs] Translation NT-to-UNIX Document]

Jerome Warnier jwarnier at bxlug.org
Lun 14 Jan 08:52:15 CET 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [belgian-lugs] Translation NT-to-UNIX Document
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:49:20 +0100
From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen at rug.ac.be>

Hi,

On the fosdem mailinglist Nicolas Pettiaux asked [1] if it were possible to
translate the following document:
	http://web.cuug.ab.ca/~leblancj/nt_to_unix.html
and this in French, German and Dutch amongst other languages.

Together with Wouter Goderis, also LugWV-member, I started translating that
document into Dutch. Together we will take care of at least the following
sections:

        "The UNIX/Linux Alternative to Microsoft Windows NT, 2000 and XP"
        "Network & Overall Environment Compatibility"

        "Bang for the buck"
        "On the Desktop"
        "Clarifying your decision to migrate"

The other sections are still untranslated and are waiting for your support :)

If it were possible to have this document translated before the deadline
(25/01 or at the latest 10/02) it would be a wonderfull first inter-LUG
coöperation.

If you know of other people that are translating the document into Dutch,
please let us know so that we don't do things twice. I also hope that the
French-speaking part of Belgium work together with the French Open Source
Community to have this document translated. Analogum for the German-speaking
LUGs, although I doubt that there are many (please come forward :)

With kind regards,
	Sven Vermeulen

[1] http://www.raphinou.com/pipermail/osdem/2002-January/000679.html
--
To err is human; to really f**k up requires root.