[Linux-bruxelles] [Fwd: [BEluga] [Fwd: Linux geek looking for interesting new places...PLEASE HELP!!]]

Physicman cb at physicman.net
Mer 23 Mai 08:43:40 CEST 2001

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [BEluga] [Fwd: Linux geek looking for interesting new
places...PLEASE HELP!!]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:36:45 +0200
From: Bert Van Vreckem <Bert.VanVreckem at synes.com>
To: blug <blug at linux.rave.org>

Iemand een idee?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Linux geek looking for interesting new places...PLEASE HELP!!
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:09:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Andrius Ciziunas <buzzcut at tamos.net>
To: <info at linux.rave.org>

Hello all--

      I usually don't do this, but I don't know where else to turn.  If
you're not interested, please, don't flame me, just use the delete
button.:)

      A while ago, I decided that I'd like to find a new job.  But, my
purposes are what's a bit different.  I'm happy where I am, but I feel a
bit caged in.  I'd like to live in and visit new countries, learn new
lanuages, meet new and interesting people.  So, I figured somewhere on the
European continent would be the perfect place for that.

      I began looking for jobs for Unix/Linux guys in Europe.  I
tried many of the usual job websites, but those are full of recruiters,
who are only out to make a buck and don't really care what kind of job
they offer me.  I also tried applying to the companies, themselves and got
nowhere fast with them, too.  They kept directing me to their various US
offices, telling me that they needed European nationals or writing to me
of their interest and disappearing soon afterward.  So, I thought, maybe
other Linux users could help.

      Does anyone out there need a Linux/Unix geek with varying years of
experience with a few different *nix flavors and Linux distributions,
who'd be interested in finding a job with a decent salary in Europe?

      Here are some of my qualifications:

* Linux user since 1994 (have been using it as my primary OS and compiling
everything from source since 1998).  I've also had experience with various
Linux distributions, such as: Debian, RedHat, Mandrake, SuSe and
Slackware.

* Have had about 1.5 years of experience administrating systems with
various *nix flavors, including: HP-UX 11.x, AIX 4.x, SCO OpenServer
5.0.5 and FreeBSD.  I also have a bit of experience using Sun and Digital
Unix.  I have also done some administration tasks with Windows95, 98, NT
and 2000 and Novell Netware 5.

* Have spent 1.5 years as an Oracle DBA on various Oracle 8.1.x databases.

* Was chief technical lead on various technical implementations of
systems.

* Fluent in English and Lithuanian, fair command of Russian, some Latin.

* Am willing to try new things, learn new languages and meet new
and interesting people.

* US citizen (with the possibility of achieving dual citizenship,
sometime in the future).

      If anyone can help, that would be great.  I'll send along my
resume upon request.

      TIA.

                      Andrius

Christopher `Physicman' Bodenstein mailto:cb at physicman.net
BxLUG - BruXelles Linux User Group http://www.bxlug.org/
***** Fortune Cookie *****
We've sent a man to the moon, and that's 29,000 miles away.  The center
of the Earth is only 4,000 miles away.  You could drive that in a week,
but for some reason nobody's ever done it.
		-- Andy Rooney