[Linux-bruxelles] GNU/Linux vs BSD le mot de la fin?

Physicman cb at physicman.net
Mer 11 Juil 21:57:42 CEST 2001

"Q: Other than the fact Linux has a cool name, could someone explain why
I should use Linux over BSD?

A: No. That's it. The cool name, that is. We worked very hard on
creating a name that would appeal to the majority of people, and it
certainly paid off: thousands of people are using Linux just to be able
to say, "OS/2? Hah. I've got Linux. What a cool name." 386BSD made the
mistake of putting a lot of numbers and weird abbreviations into the
name, and is scaring away a lot of people just because it sounds too
technical.

--Linus Torvalds' follow-up to a question about Linux"

(in Linux Journal, December 2000, p12)

Chris

Christopher `Physicman' Bodenstein mailto:cb at physicman.net
BxLUG - BruXelles Linux User Group http://www.bxlug.org/
***** Fortune Cookie *****
What is important is food, money and opportunities for scoring off one's
enemies.  Give a man these three things and you won't hear much squawking
out of him.
		-- Brian O'Nolan, "The Best of Myles"